Monday, September 6, 2010

Dinosaur dreams


OK my northern neighbors. Go out in your backyard and bring me the biggest lizard you've got. I'll wait here . . . Got it? Good. Now, as they say in Australia: "That's not a lizard. THIS is a lizard." Alligators rank right up there with Spanish moss and airboats as things I love about living in Florida. This 8-footer was lying in wait next to a retention pond within fifty yards of a house on the West Orange Trail. A fence kept me from getting too close (although I probably wouldn't have gotten too close).  A few weeks earlier, I had to brake on my way home from the trail to wait for an alligator that had crawled up out of a roadside lake to see what was on the other side. Although alligators are certainly common in Florida, it's not all that common to be able to pull the bike over and snap a picture of one. This was a treat. So now we've had: spiders, and snakes, and now alligators. Tomorrow I think I'll wrap up the creature feature with a nice little lizard and then move on to flowers.

The good stuff:

claymation
holiday weekends
thunderstorms
blues guitar
airboats
stained glass


No comments:

Post a Comment