Sunday, September 26, 2010

Air Andrew


I'd heard that air was thinner in the mountains. But I'd always figured that was just one of those things people say -- like "Juggling more than three chainsaws is crazy," and, "Do-it-yourself brain surgery is a bad idea." So imagine my surprise when my friend Andrew Najberg floated away on Montserrat. Now, despite the pose, I can't say for sure whether he was wearing Hanes, or any other merchandise endorsed by Michael Jordan that might have given him magical flying powers. Being scientific by nature, I'm inclined to believe that there's a perfectly rational explanation -- such as the fact that Andrew is a smoker, so maybe it was all that smoke and hot air trapped in his tar-coated lungs that gave him the extra lift he needed. Whatever the case, I haven't seen him since. -- True story.

The good stuff:
sneak previews
Geico commercials
seeing inspiration in action
wood storks so close you could touch them
great blue herons
pot luck
re-discovering a great book
poetry in public
grocery store food samples
first responders



1 comment: