Saturday, November 27, 2010

Juvenalia


Spent yesterday going through my home office, digging down through the layers - the art from the refigerator period, the various tools and paraphernalia of the scrapbooking period -- all the way down through the college textbooks I saved because I thought I'd need them, but never did, and into the stuff I did when I was a kid, that my parents shipped me in a big old box to get it out of their house period. This picture was not from any of those periods, but it captures the essence of all of them -- demolition derby, monster trucks, mayhem . . . beer -- rendered as a cartoon, suitable for even the finest refrigerator.

The Good Stuff:

Clean closets - No. REALLY clean.
Old photographs
Sharpies and Post-its
Toy telescopes
Late-night guitar sing-alongs
Vodka and cranberry juice
Venetian masks
The way everything, always seems to get done, eventually
Blue skies, smilin' at me ...
Puppies in passing cars


1 comment: