Saturday, November 6, 2010

Drum line


I love, love, love roadside tourist traps. They're just chockful of these ticky-tacky tchotchke gems. Somebody actually set up a production line where they said: Okay, what we need it to glue these cowrie shells together, give them straw hats and stogies ... and, oh yeah, a drum. I found this drum line at the Florida Citrus Center in St. Augustine: "Home of the 13' Alligator!" I loves me some Stuckey's Pecan Log, and growing up, I remember a place, in Nebraska, or thereabouts, called Horne's Corners, that had a beehive behind a glass wall. Without these places, I wouldn't know about Sea Monkeys, Magic Rocks, Mexican Jumping Beans and Saltwater Taffy.


The good stuff:

Pecan Logs
Jawbreakers
Mexican Jumping Beans
Sea Monkeys
Magic Rocks
Saltwater Taffy
Horne's Corners
Truck stop pancakes
Novelty trucker caps
Bobbleheads





No comments:

Post a Comment