Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Instant bestseller - just add writer


Dear literary agent,

As you can see, my next best seller has all the makings of a classic -- a manual typewriter, strong coffee, and lots of leather-bound notebooks. I've even thrown in a clipboard and an uncomfortable chair, to show the quality of my research, and my ascetic work ethic. I have yet to write the first word. But having assembled the essentials, the rest is merely a matter of putting letters on the page and moving them around until they form sentences. There are only 26 letters. How hard could it be? I'll be sure to send you a copy, as soon as I know what it's about.

p.s.: I would prefer direct deposit for all my royalty checks.

The good stuff:
The hundreds of drivers who DIDN'T almost hit me on my bicycle yesterday
Going to bed early
Leftovers
The serenity of a quiet house, when even the dust motes hold their breath
The Dalai Lhama speaking at the University of Miami
The question: Does a designated deity have "human" rights?
The first fire in the fireplace
Austerity
Private sector cheese



No comments:

Post a Comment