Monday, October 18, 2010

You talkin' to me?


This time of year the squirrels in my yard, well, they go nuts. They hang by their feet in my elm tree and chew the tender leaves from the tips of the branches until my sidewalk and driveway are strewn like the road to Jerusalem. Being no Euell Gibbons, I've never tasted Elm myself, but the squirrels sure seem to like it -- so much so that I was able to walk right up to this guy (I don't own a zoom) and get pretty close before he saw me and freaked out. I managed to capture the split second before he bolted.

The good stuff:
The smell of an acre of Florida roses on an October afternoon.
Halloween decorations
Time in a Bottle
RC Helicopters
Swallows swarming at dusk
Butterflies on milkweed
Ample parking
unidentifided mylar balloons
The Lorax
Sharing a pillow

3 comments: