Monday, August 30, 2010

Angel in the underbrush

Almost 500 bird species call Florida home, and I'm thrilled that I don't even have to leave town to see all manner of them. I'm particularly enamored of big waterbirds - the sandhill cranes, herons, wood storks and anhinga that are part of everyday life here. The opening of Innovation Parkway has provided some great birding opportunities. Here, a snowy egret, which was sharing a watering hole with a wood stork, takes wing.

The good stuff:

Spirograph
local authors
Thomas Hardy on the moors
homemade Christmas ornaments
eggs and grits
mangoes
Roseate Spoonbills
old movies
porch swings
fresh-turned earth



1 comment:

  1. Hey Brad, long time, no talk/see! Thanks for letting me know about the new site. I look forward to some inspirational posts. Oh, and if you ever need to borrow my SunMaid raisin girl Halloween outfit, just let me know! I've got the red bonnet and everything!

    ReplyDelete